Role: Junior Reg & CTI TechnologistHours: Full TimeLocation: Gloucestershire
Our client has an excellent opportunity to become a member of their exciting, innovative, friendly & talented team. This role requires a degree in Cosmetic Science (or equivalent), ideally experienced in a regulatory environment as well as someone with excellent analytical capabilities!
Working as a part of the Research and Development team at the heart of our client's business, the Junior Reg & CTI Technologist will be given all the training and assistance required to start a career in the exciting discipline of cosmetics regulations and consumer technical insight (CTI). With the support of our client, the Junior Reg & CTI Technologist will play a vital role in delivering awareness and knowledge of the cosmetic regulatory framework within which our clients brands operate for their portfolio of new and existing brands. As part of our client's team, the Junior Reg & CTI Technologist will push understanding of the consumer and the competitive environment to assist the marketing team in delivering excellent communications and claims for innovations that are robustly supported technically. Main Responsibilities:
- With assistance of the Regulatory & CTI Technologists, you will build knowledge of cosmetic standards and global regulations. Assist in providing regulatory guidance on new product formulations, labelling and websites to project teams.
- Assist the regulatory team in creating, compiling, and archiving information required as part of the Product Information File, international registration dossiers and product notification.
- Assist with the CTI function (arrange internal trial samples, compile claims substantiation dossiers, and monitoring competitor brand claims).
- Assist claims associated product testing.
- Liaise with test houses, raw material suppliers and regulatory bodies to build knowledge and professional network.
- Degree or equivalent in Cosmetic Science or other relevant scientific discipline.
- Experience within the regulatory environment is desirable.
- Excellent attention to detail with the ability to think analytically and to evaluate technical data, looking out for errors, inconsistencies, and missing information.
- Ability to work in a well-timed, organised way and use your own initiative with a flexible, optimistic can-do attitude
- A team player with excellent communication skills, people skills, persuasion and relationship building skills
- A desire to learn and develop
- An enthusiasm for the beauty industry