We are working with a global drug development and manufacturing company who provide a range of services for complete drug development. They are looking for a Synthetic Chemist to join their Drug Substance and Isotope Labelling team based in Alnwick.
What you’ll do:
• Synthesise and purify chemical compounds within given timeframes and maintain lab notes of batch synthesis instructions.
• Manufacture APIs at tens of gram to tens of kilogram scale.
• Perform in-process analytical testing where appropriate and make sure analytical, microbiological and materials science testing needs are discussed with the Chemistry Manufacturing and Controls (CMC) team.
• Contribute to lab operations, equipment acquisition, maintenance contracts, stock control, disposal and housekeeping.
• Ensure GMP compliance and documentation when required.
• Work flexibly across site to meet the business needs.
The successful candidate will have a degree or equivalent in chemistry, good knowledge and experience of synthetic chemistry covering process optimisation to ensure successful and cost-effective scale-up.
The ideal candidate will be aware of current regulatory practices and an understanding of analytical chemistry, impurity control and/or sufficient analytical skills to conduct in-process testing and a good understanding of factors controlling API physical form.
The candidate will be well versed in process safety and have a proficiency for carrying out kilo-scale chemical processing.
On this occasion LiCa Scientific is acting as am employment agency.