HRS are currently looking for a Graduate Scientist - Biochemistry to join a leading research service organisation based in Kent. As the Graduate Scientist - Biochemistry will be part of the DMPK team where you will be involved in assessing the safety of drugs. You will be heavily based in the lab and performing a variety of in in vitro assays, enzymology based work, Mass Spec and HPLC.
This is a great opportunity for a recent graduate (BSc or MSc) that is looking to step into an industrial research role. Training is provided.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Graduate Scientist - Biochemistry will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. You will be based predominately in the lab and support the development of novel pharmaceutical products.
2. You will perform in vitro assays, Mass Spectrometry and HPLC. You will get the chance to work with cutting edge instrumentation and get hands on experience with automation.
3. As the Graduate Scientist - Biochemistry you will support with data analysis and report writing.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Graduate Scientist - Biochemistry we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree in a Biochemistry, Analytical Chemistry, Synthetic Chemistry, Chemistry, Pharmacology, Biological Sciences. A BSc or MSc level.
2. Strong interest in working a laboratory based role within drug discovery and development.
3. Experience with analytical techniques such as Mass Spec and HPLC through a placement year would be desirable but not essential.
Key Words: Scientist / Graduate Role / DMPK / HPLC / Mass Spec / Assays / Kent / Chemistry / Biochemistry / Pharmacology
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for talent development. We therefore welcome applications for any interested parties who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment professionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.