CK Group are currently recruiting for a Associate Analytical Chemist to join a specialist Medical Device organisation at their site in Saffron Walden on a full time, permanent basis. This role offers a salary of £23,500
The role will involve the characterisation and testing of polymer materials using a variety of techniques to support the maintenance of the Company’s technical files and products.
The candidate must be able to precisely follow instructions and standard operating procedures, to produce accurate work to the highest standard. Results must be clearly presented in an appropriate format, including spreadsheets and written reports. Full training will be given in all procedures and test methods. However, previous experience in Gas Chromatography, Liquid Chromatography, Mechanical Testing, Microscopy, or Surface Wetting Analysis would be desirable.
In order to be considered for this role, you will be required to have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- Minimum of a Degree in Chemistry or relevant subject.
- Experience and basic knowledge of analytical chemistry techniques.
- An established skill set in practical chemistry, including the safe handling of chemicals.
- Must be able to precisely follow standard procedures and accurately report experimental observations.
- A positive can-do attitude with the ability to work efficiently and adapt to evolving needs.
- Excellent manual dexterity, as the work often involves handling small parts.
- Excellent numerical and written skills.
- Microsoft software packages, particularly Word and Excel.
- Awareness of Health & Safety regulations (e.g. COSHH).
It is essential that applicants hold entitlement to work in the UK. Please quote job reference 53825 in all correspondence.