CK Group are recruiting for a Senior Team Leader on behalf of a leading CRO at their site in Reading on a permanent basis.About the client:
Our client is a cutting-edge Contract Research Organisation (CRO), providing research, analysis and consultancy to the pharmaceutical, healthcare and food sectors. Their diverse pipeline of projects varies from creating new products, validating medicines and completing analytical investigations. They are a global leader in their field, serving clients from across 60 countries.
The Metals team is a small and collaborative, but world-class laboratory: with a wealth of technical expertise. It is capable of detecting over 70 elements in pharmaceutical raw materials and finished products, as well as food and other matrices.
The varied work done by this team is vital for the risk assessment of new products as well as batch release, ensuring that medicines reach the patients that need them. The lab is well equipped with the ability to conduct Inductively Coupled Plasma Mass Spectrometry (ICP-MS), Inductively Coupled Plasma Optical Emission Spectroscopy (ICP-OES or ICP-AES) and Atomic Absorption Spectroscopy (AAS) to both GMP and UKAS standards.About the role:
This role is a technical leadership position within the metals laboratory, that sits at a high level within the team but focuses on providing key scientific knowledge, project management and complex method developments and validations. This expertise provided will focus on Inductively Coupled Plasma Mass Spectrometry (ICP-MS), Inductively Coupled Plasma Optical Emission Spectroscopy (ICP-OES) and Atomic Absorption Spectroscopy (AAS), with an emphasis on investigative work. It will involve client contact and consultation on complex cases, as well as the training and mentoring of other members of staff.Your responsibilities will include:
- Providing Technical direction to the metals team.
- Leading the use of a range of analysis using Inductively Coupled Plasma Mass Spectrometry (ICP-MS), Inductively Coupled Plasma Optical Emission Spectroscopy (ICP-OES) and Atomic Absorption Spectroscopy (AAS)
- Performing complex method development and design validation protocol
- Leading client contact and consultation, including on complex and challenging cases
- Providing training to, and supervising junior staff in routine activities and methods and interpretation.
To be considered for the position you will have the following skills and expertise:
- Proven hands-on instrumental experience with ICP-MS, ICP-OES and/or AAS, with experience in complex cases to a point where technical leadership can be provided to other senior scientists
- Experience working in a regulated environment
- Scientific project management experience
- Experience of working to GMP would be highly beneficial for this position, although applications are welcomed from candidates working in all industries.
Our client offers an exceptional range of benefits, including:
Excellent basic salaries
Annual performance related bonus
Very competitive company pension scheme
27 days annual leave with the option to purchase up to 5 days more
Private medical insurance
Employee perks schemeApply:
It is essential that applicants hold entitlement to work in the UK. Please quote job reference 53835 in all correspondence.