CK group are recruiting for an Immunoassay Scientist to join a leading Contract Research Organisation, to be based at their site in North London on a permanent basis.
About the client:
Our client works in a collaborative manner with clients to provide customized, flexible, and multi-faceted biomarker solutions. This team is responsible for the development and validation of bioanalytical methods, designed to meet client-specific needs, while adhering to global regulatory guidelines.
About the role:
The main purpose of this position is to work as part of a team to carry out analytical work within assigned projects, which will include taking the lead or supporting with work relating to global clinical trials.
You responsibilities will include:
- Carrying out analysis of biological samples (e.g. blood, saliva, stool, urine, bacteria, etc), using various platforms (e.g. flow cytometry, ECL, Absorbance, Luminescence, fluorescence etc.) and standard scientific laboratory equipment (e.g. centrifuges, incubators, vortexes, washers etc.).
- Maintenance and proper use of instruments and laboratory space.
- Monitoring use and consumption of reagents, material, and consumables through LIMS.
- Performing assays as per in-house SOPs and validated protocols with minimal supervision involving various biological samples.
- Ensuring clear audit trails by performing quality control of all information and data generated.
- Supporting senior scientists with the development of methods.
- Managing all projects and studies executed by the department, including training, mentoring and supervising other division staff in scientific aspects.
- Administrative duties including writing and maintaining study documentation.
To be considered for the position you should have the following skills and experience:
- MSc (or equivalent) in a relevant immunology based discipline, or BSc (or equivalent) with experience in a relevant technical role.
- Proven experience in running and analysing immunological assays such as Flow Cytometry, ELISA, ECL or ELISpot and operating laboratory equipment (e.g., MSD, Microplate readers, Auto-analysers etc.).
- Industry experience in regulated bioanalysis (Pharmacokinetics, Immunogenicity, etc) will be highly beneficial for this position
Note: The ideal candidate should be flexible to work on weekends as required during periods of high demand or for projects with urgent deadlines.
It is essential that applicants hold entitlement to work in the UK. Please quote job reference 53818 in all correspondence.