CK Group have an amazing opportunity for an ambitious Senior Scientist with a customer focused mindset, to join a newly established team within a growing biotechnology company at their recently renovated campus in Nottingham, on a permanent basis, with flexibility of hybrid working
Outstanding biotechnology organisation focused on next-gen biopharmaceuticals, who have experienced tremendous growth in the last 3 years.
- To be subject matter expert, and offer leadership for the formulation and biophysical characterisation of biopharmaceuticals, particularly viral vector based advanced therapy medicinal products (ATMPS).
- To take lead for customer led service projects
- Technical leadership in formulation and characterisation of biopharmaceuticals, (viral vector based ATMPs).
- Develop plans for internal research projects generating marketing data
- Monitor market trends in the formulation and stabilisation of ATMPs
- Develop formulations for new products.
- To strengthen our clients analytical expertise with focus on virus formulations
- PhD in Biophysics, Biochemistry, Bioprocessing, Pharmaceutical Sciences or related field together with at least 4 years plus experience in biophysical characterisation and formulation
- Strong background in biophysical characterisation of viral vectors and design of formulation studies
- Experienced in protein biophysical characterisation techniques
- Expert in development of formulations for proteins, vaccines or viral vectors
- Experience in formulation of ATMPs, including gene therapies using viral vectors
- Proven track record of leading and delivering technical projects, ideally within the CDMO or biotech/pharma sector
An attractive salary plus bonus (performance related), defined contribution pension, private healthcare, optional exercise classes/ social activities.
It is essential that applicants hold entitlement to work in the UK. Please quote job reference 53258 in all correspondence.