CK Group are seeking a motivated, enthusiastic Senior Scientist to join an early-stage biotechnology company who are pioneering a completely novel form of gene therapy. As an integral member of the company's growing team, this individual will be a part of the larger Platform and Biology group and will help develop new vector therapeutics by helping in the design, characterize, and optimization of engineered therapeutic proteins and their vectors.
A privately held, early-stage biotechnology company pioneering a completely novel form of gene therapy
This Senior Scientist will be on a full time, permanent basis located in Cambridge, MA
Salary and Benefits:
$110,000 - $160,000pa plus bonus and extensive benefits
- IPSC cell maintenance and design and execute 2D and 3D IPSC retinal differentiation strategies
- Develop and execute assays in support of our retinal biology programs
- Maintain various primary, IPSC-derived, and cell lines for routine assay work
- Coordinate experiments with other scientists across functional teams
- Use cell-based assays to help characterize new viral vectors and therapeutic proteins in vitro
Desirable experience includes:
- PhD in cell and molecular biology, or closely related field
- Experience of IPSC and retina experience, in academic, pharmaceutical, or biotechnology settings. Industry experience preferred.
- Differentiated primary cell culture systems, 2D or 3D organoids, iPSC differentiation protocols, or organ-on-a-chip technology, etc,
- Assay development, especially using primary or IPS cells or other human cell lines
- Molecular biology and recombinant DNA techniques like gene editing and NGS desirable
- Confocal microscopy, light sheet microscopy, and other imaging techniques desirable
- Use of viral vectors for gene delivery and therapy
Entitlement to work in the USA is essential. Please quote 53827 in all communications.
Full Job Description will be available upon request.