CK Group are recruiting for an Analytical Chemist on behalf of an industry leading contract testing laboratory, to be based at their site in Redcar on a permanent basis.
About the role:
This is an exciting opportunity to join chemical & analytical teams who are responsible for delivery of high quality analytical services for a broad range of clients across many different industry sectors. These services include, but are not limited to, providing analytical data, investigative services and solutions to customer problems, as well as REACH & Regulatory compliance support.
As an Analyst your principal accountability will be the provision of project specific analyses using established methods and the reporting of results in accordance with Quality Standards.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Sample preparation and carrying out analysis according to established methods or developing methods under supervision.
- Provide the Delivery Manager and Project Managers with timely and regular updates.
- Provide written reports in a timely and accurate manner to meet customer requirements.
- A good understanding of chemistry & analytical techniques appropriate to the scope of techniques within the departments. Please note, experience is not required in ALL techniques listed and training will be provided.
- Experience using analytical equipment and software would be beneficial.
- Computer literate including technical report writing in Word, and data presentation using Excel/PowerPoint.
- Planning and organisational skills including effective time and work management.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Experience of working to Quality standards.
- Awareness of Safety and the importance of working in a proactive safety culture.
- Hardworking, flexible and a desire to work, develop and succeed in an analytical environment.
It is essential that applicants hold entitlement to work in the UK. Please quote job reference 53715 in all correspondence.