For the Discovery!
We are Charnwood Molecular (CML) a leading Contract Research Organisation, providing medicinal and synthetic chemistry services to the global pharmaceutical, biotechnology and chemical industries.
We are looking for inquisitive and passionate Chemists to work in a client-facing research environment, where you will play a key role in the discovery of new medicines, as well as the continued growth of our company.
What you’ll do:
- Work as part of a team providing scientific expertise to support client projects
- Design and perform complex multistep organic synthesis
- Analyse target molecules using a variety of analytical techniques including NMR and LCMS
- Contribute to regular client reports, delivery of teleconference and face-to-face updates
What you’ll be joining:
You will be joining a growing team at our new state of the art facility in Loughborough, we have an experienced department with diverse background of scientific expertise with a strong track record of delivering successful projects. You will be exposed to broad range of chemistry techniques and will be empowered to apply your skills and insight to client projects.
What you’ll need:
- PhD graduate in organic synthesis or medicinal chemistry
- We are also open to applications from BSc/MChem graduates with relevant industrial experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to work as part of a team and collaborate with other scientists
- The ability to independently design and deliver innovate synthetic chemistry
If you don’t feel you fit this role 100% we would still like to hear from you. Please send your CV to our Careers team at Recruitment@charnwood-molecular.com along with your interests and what you would bring to Charnwood and we can discuss suitable job roles with you.
What you’ll get in return:
Competitive salary depending on experience.
Additional benefits include: Pension scheme, sick pay, healthcare insurance and counselling services, annual leave, life assurance and critical illness plus fantastic discounts across Travel, Food & Drink and so much more.
We invest heavily in the professional development of our employees and if career progression is important to you opportunities are available.
We recognise the importance of a work-life balance and so are flexible to discussing how this can be achieved
Wellbeing initiatives like cycle to work schemes and mental health first aiders
“What makes CML unique is our unrivalled, unwavering passion for the truly ground-breaking science we facilitate and the trusting relationships we build.”
Prof. Steve Allin, Founder and CEO.
How we recruit:
At CML we are committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve, and to creating an inclusive and flexible workplace where all our colleagues can be themselves and succeed on merit.