We are currently looking for a Director of MSAT to join a fast developing Biotechnology company based in the South Oxfordshire area. As the Director of MSAT you will be responsible for development, characterisation, scale up and transfer of manufacturing processes for the production of viral based therapies and vaccines. You will have sole responsibility for the MSAT function as the company moves forwards to phase 3 clinical trail and the establishment of a Pilot Plant.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a young Biotech, already on the stock market with collaboration projects with large pharma.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Director of MSAT will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. Lead and own the MSAT function with the overall responsibility for technology transfer of manufacturing processes to and from CMOs. You will manage all scale up and scale down activities as well as process optimisation, characterisation and development projects.
2. Lead the CMO interaction to ensure robust processes are in place for Viral Vector Manufacturing. You will author and technically review process transfer and process validation documentation as well as the authoring and review of regulatory submissions.
3. You will grow a team of scientists for Associate level through to Principal Scientist and ensure your team is appropriately trained and offered development opportunities.
4. You will support activities in the new Pilot Plant designed to support to production of Drug Substance on a 50L scale before transfer to CMO at 1000L scale.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Director of MSAT we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree in a Life Sciences discipline and extensive industry experience in the Bioprocessing and Biomanufacturing field. Viral Vectors and Vaccines experiences will benefit your application but not required.
2. Proven industry experience in a GMP environment where you have a deep understanding of GMP Regulatory requirements for the Production of Biologics, ideally vaccines and viral vectors.
3. A working knowledge and practical experience with Process Development, Scale up and down, Tech Transfer and CMO management.
Key Words: Director | MSAT | MS&T | Manufacturing Science and Technology | Manufacturing, Science & Technology | Tech Transfer | Technology Transfer | Technical Transfer | Scale Up | Scale Down | Process Improvement | Process Development | Process Optimisation | Process Characterisation | Process Validation | Biologics | Vaccines | Viral Vectors
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for talent development. We therefore welcome applications for any interested parties who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment professionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.