We are currently recruiting for a Project Leader for a leading Materials manufacturer based in Merseyside. As a Project Leader you will be responsible for developing new processes and product capabilities to drive the team forward, inclusive of product quality improvement or reducing manufacturing costs. You will also act as a technical consultant both internally to operations team as well as externally to customers.
To be considered for this Project Leader position, you will be MSc/MEng or PhD educated in Materials Science, Engineering or Chemistry, along with significant industrial experience within the materials manufacturing sector ideally in ceramics, fibres or battery materials. Someone with a strong knowledge of battery materials and electric conducting materials would be highly desirable, as would someone with previous project management/leadership responsibility. Key Responsibilities
Knowledge and Experience
- Manage the division to introduce new strategic projects.
- Manage budgets for new technologies and innovations relating to thermal materials and battery materials.
- Conduct product trials both externally and internally.
- Assist in CAPEX programs.
- Develop and manage design of experiments techniques.
- Work as a technical consultant within the division both internally and externally.
- Minimum MSc/MEng in Materials Science, Engineering or Chemistry, PhD would be highly desirable.
- Previous industrial experience within materials manufacturing.
- Someone with a strong understanding of battery materials would be highly desirable.
- Previous project or people management would be highly desirable.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Previous experience in writing CAPEX proposals would be highly desirable.