: South East
A world leader in suppliers of water-based polymers located in the south east are looking for a senior microbiologist to join their team. As a senior microbiologist, you will have a master's or PhD in Microbiology or a related field, showcase relevant microbiology experience in the food, pharmaceutical or chemical industries and have experience working to GMP and GLP standards. Main Duties
- Classify and avert microbiological contamination issues which may affect the quality of manufactured products.
- Self-sufficiently plan and perform technical work programs
- Lead technical projects under supervision.
- Apply Microbiology expertise efficiently to solve customer complications
- Work closely with various colleagues internally
- Keep in regular contact to customers
- Guarantee compliance with Health and safety programs by pro-actively identifying, reporting on and educating safety related issues in the local laboratory area.
- Perform microbiological analysis of raw materials, in process products and finished goods.
- Conduct Biocide Efficacy testing studies in support of the business.
- Culture collection development and maintenance.
- Support the business with microbial safety and quality issues.
- Support with timely investigation of customer complaints and other sources of non-conforming work.
- Carry out Plant hygiene audits in order to identify processes, practices, equipment, and raw materials that contribute to microbial contamination.
- Plan and execute project work to develop application and knowledge.
- Liaise with internal and external contacts as necessary to track and communicate service activity status.
- Develop and maintain awareness in relevant technical fields.
- Provide technical support to operations, R&D, sales, quality and regulatory as required.
- Sample log in and reporting using LIMS system.
- Masters or PhD in Microbiology or related field (Biology, Biochemistry).
- Showcase relevant experience in a Class II Microbiology Laboratory in the food, pharmaceutical or chemical Industry
- Experienced with Good Laboratory Practice and Good Manufacturing Practice
- Capability to work independently and within a team
- Knowledge of preservative efficacy testing and testing for biocides.
- Experience of working in an accredited laboratory (ISO 17025) and Quality Control teams to drive and deliver key pipeline projects.
- Working knowledge of HPLC techniques.