Currently recruiting for a QA Officer (24m FTC) for a leading polymer manufacturer for their site based in Lancashire. As a QA Officer you will be responsible for maintaining and developing various Quality Management Systems including ISO 9001, AS9100 and ISO 13485 focussed on the design of various polymer products to drive customer focus, increase value and adapt to changing industrial and regulatory standards. This will including managing various QA activities with regards to clients and various stakeholders in relation to specifications, products and approvals, as well as conducting internal and external audits.
To be considered for this QA Officer, you will be degree qualified in a relevant quality or scientific degree, as well as being a qualified ISO auditor to ISO 9001 as a minimum. Those who have audited to various ISO standards including ISO 13485, AS9100 and IATF 16949 would be highly desirable. A good working knowledge of continuous improvement techniques including 8D, 5 Whys and 6 Sigma would be highly desirable along with root cause, problem solving, FMEA and handling customers complaints would also be ideal. Key Responsibilities
Knowledge and Experience
- Maintain and develop various QMS (Quality Management Systems) including ISO 9001, AS9100 and ISO 13485.
- Conduct internal and external audits.
- Use various continuous improvement techniques including 5 Why's, 8D and 6 Sigma to resolve any systematic issues.
- Drive customer focus and keep updated with changing industry, customer and regulatory standards.
- Manage all QA activities associated with suppliers, customers and internal stakeholders.
- Degree educated in a relevant scientific or technical subject.
- Previous experience of ISO 9001:2015 auditing minimum, ISO 13485, AS9100 and IATF 16949 would be highly desirable
- A good working knowledge of continuous improvement techniques including 8D, 5 Whys and 6 Sigma would be highly desirable.
- Root cause, problem solving, FMEA and handling customers complaints would also be ideal.