Are you an Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) professional who is passionate about putting safety first? Do you have EHS experience within a production and manufacturing environment? If so, this might be the opportunity for you.
We are currently looking for a EHS Advisor to join a leading Pharmaceutical organisation based in the Wiltshire area. The role of the EHS Advisor provides an excellent opportunity for a passionate EHS professional to join an expending pharmaceutical manufacturing facility that maintains a safety first culture for all of their people.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the EHS Advisor will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. Ensure effective environmental, health, safety and security processes are in place and implemented throughout the organisation, providing a day to day advisory role. Provide competent advice to line management on EHS issues (incidents, investigations, risk assessments, procedures employee concerns, emergency preparedness and changes affecting EHS), as well as related compliance issues (insurance, controlled drugs, business continuity, waste, occupational health).
2. Support managers to ensure all significant risks are covered by a suitable and sufficient risk assessment process (COSHH, manual handling and ergonomic). You will work closely with cross functional teams from pharmaceutical production, quality, laboratories engineering and utilities.
3. Co-ordinate the reporting and investigation of accidents, injuries, dangerous occurrences, near misses and work-related ill health. Oversee and participate in workplace EHS audits and inspections
Monitor and follow up EHS actions and prepare monthly performance metrics
4. Ensure EHS training (including inductions) is provided, monitored, recorded and delivered internally.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the EHS Advisor we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. You will ideally hold a qualification within an Engineering, Science or Technology related discipline. The successful candidate will hold NEBOSH or IOSH certification.
2. Proven EHS experience working within a highly regulated manufacturing environment is essential, i.e. pharmaceutical, medical device, chemical (Top Tier COMAH), food, nuclear or other FMCG environments. Experience working in a GMP environment is desirable.
3. Previous experience leading and participating in EHS audits, investigating and reporting on incidents/accidents that have occurred and engaging with stakeholders at all levels.
Key Words: EHS | Environmental | Health | Safety | Pharmaceutical | Manufacturing | Production | GMP
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for talent development. We therefore welcome applications for any interested parties who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment professionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.