We are currently looking for a Analytical Chemist to join a leading Drug Discovery company based in the Cambridge area. As the Analytical Chemist you will be responsible for an Analytical Chemist to working on discovery projects in close collaboration with colleagues across Chemistry and Biology.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Analytical Chemist will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. As the Analytical Chemist you will be responsible for providing all practical LC/MS support to projects, in screening, biomarker identification, metabolomics, metabolites and mechanism of action studies.
2. You will support with maintenance and operation of all Analytical instrumentation, predominantly LC/MS systems.
3. As the Analytical Chemist you will provide bioanalytical support to measure drugs and metabolites in blood and other tissues.
4. You will provide Analytical support to the Chemistry Group, including QC, stability/reactivity studies and chiral analysis and develop new LC/MS methods as required to support all analytical studies.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Analytical Chemist we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree in a Chemistry or closely related field.
2. Proven industry experience in analysis as well as maintenance, calibration and use of Triple Quad MS for quantitative LC/MS/MS assays.
3. A working knowledge and practical experience with Bioanalysis, including sample preparation e.g. in supporting DMPK and PK/PD studies
Key Words: Analytical Chemist, Chemistry, LCMS, Biomarker Identification, Metabolomics, Metabolites, Cambridge, Pharmaceuticals, Drug Discovery.
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for talent development. We therefore welcome applications for any interested parties who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment professionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.