Intellectual Property Lead
- Hyper Recruitment Solutions
- £48000 - £55000 per annum
- Closing date
- 25 Jun 2022
- Biochemistry, Biology, Biotechnology, Green Chemistry
- Contract Type
- Full Time
We are currently looking for a Intellectual Property Lead to join an innovative and dynamic biotechnology company based in the Cambridgeshire area. The company has a strong environmental focus and are using their technology for the creation of products which are better for people and our planet.
This role is amendable to hybrid or remote working for the right individual.
As the Intellectual Property Lead you will be responsible for contributing to the preparation and prosecution of patent applications, perform freedom to operate and patentability searches and manage communications with, and help direct the activities of patent attorneys.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Intellectual Property Lead will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. Work with the CSO, CEO and external patent attorneys to develop and implement the Company's intellectual property strategy.
2. Manage communications with and help direct the activities of outside counsel.
3. Assist in the preparation, filing and prosecution of domestic and foreign patent applications, including the preparation of arguments in response to office actions.
4. Work with R&D to identify and assess the patentability of new inventions; assist in drafting and reviewing related invention disclosures.
5. Review and prepare freedom-to-operate opinions in collaboration with outside counsel in relation to new product ideas and developments coming from the R&D group.
6. Provide periodic training to Company employees regarding the protection of intellectual property.
7. Maintain, update and set policies & systems for internal management of intellectual property.
8. Review and propose IP expenditure as part of the budgeting process. Manage IP budget.
8. Combine legal and technical knowledge with business understanding in order to provide high-level guidance.
9. Assist with corporate work and other tasks, including reviewing contract clauses related to IP rights and contribute to preparation of investor materials.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Intellectual Property Lead we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. PhD in relevant field, eg, biotechnology, biochemistry, industrial biotechnology, plant biotechnology, bioorganic chemistry etc.
2. Experience in a laboratory setting with a developed understanding of empirical validation of scientific concepts as well as have a strong understanding of the scientific and technological fields
3. A desire to communicate scientific concepts and data in writing exemplified by having several 1st author scientific papers in high ranking journals and / or demonstrable experience in patent drafting.
Key Words: Intellectual property | Patent Scientist | Scientific communications | patent application
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for talent development. We therefore welcome applications for any interested parties who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment professionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.
Hyper Recruitment Solutions is a specialist and highly compliant recruitment consultancy dedicated to the Science and Technology sectors.
Hyper Recruitment Solutions (HRS), founded and run by Ricky Martin and in partnership with Lord Alan Sugar, has a wealth of recruitment expertise as well as compliance and commercial awareness. We offer a range of permanent, temporary and contract staff.
Our vision is to provide recruitment solutions which will assist in the improvement and quality of life for all. To do so, HRS will focus on the support of sectors whose primary focus is in making the world a better place. This could be working for a Pharmaceutical company who is developing new and existing therapeutics or an FMCG business who is making the latest consumer products in a sustainable and efficient way. We want to provide a service to those areas of actual need which will have an impact on us all.
We provide services across a broad range of industries including the following specialist sectors:
• Medical Device
• Clinical Research
• CMO / CRO
• Food / FMCG
With all jobseekers we are looking to form close relationships where we can offer you the most accurate and useful advice. We intend to not only find and present the most ideal career options to you, but we want to provide advice on the entire recruitment process. We are a business who listens and advises and as shown on our website we have a clear ‘candidate commitment’ to ensure your search is in the most professional and capable hands. Some of the key areas we focus on include:
• Quality Assurance (including Qualified Persons)
• Clinical Research (all phases and therapeutic fields)
• Research & Development
• Consumer Insight and Sensory
• Lean and Continuous Improvement
• Engineering (all disciplines)
• Manufacturing, Scale up and Technology Transfer
• Packaging and Sustainability
• Medical Affairs
• Sales and Business Development
• Information Systems & Technology
• Executive Appointments
HRS has been awarded membership to the REC (Recruitment and Employment Confederation) and APSCo (Association of Professional Staffing Companies). This is to assure all clients and candidates that our processes and practices comply with all relevant government and recruitment industry regulations.
Lord Sugar, Ricky Martin and everyone at HRS look forward to working with you. Please do not hesitate to visit our website www.hyperec.com or contact us via
Telephone: 02032 255 120
Or any of the social media routes below:
- 0203 910 2980
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert