CK Group are working in partnership with a growing biotechnology company to recruit a Protein Scientist at a senior or principal level, with expertise in AKTA purification systems and protein characterisation, to join them at their site based in Cambridge on a permanent basis, with the flexibility of hybrid working.
An exciting opportunity to join a growing scientific team, for a company that is passionate about driving scientific discoveries to cure debilitating diseases.
A company that wants their employees to fulfil their career aspirations, which is why they offer competitive compensation plus bonus, pension, life assurance, share options, generous annual leave, health and wellbeing support, medical cover, cycle to work and/or electric car scheme.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Performing and leading a wide range of in vitro drug discovery experiments
- Laboratory based role performing experiments, and carrying-out molecular, biochemical and biophysical assays.
- Express and purify proteins and peptides
- Working on various chromatography techniques (affinity chromatography, Akta purification systems, HPLC)
- Characterise proteins using optical spectroscopy, SDS-PAGE analysis, mass spectrometry and western blotting.
- PhD in physical chemistry, biochemistry, or a related discipline, at a leading academic institution, and relevant industry experience.
- At least 3 - 4 years experience as a (Senior) scientist in protein science and assay development, ideally within industry
- Research expertise in the topic of protein misfolding and aggregation (experience working with amyloid-forming proteins would be desirable)
- Experience with Akta purification systems and protein characterisation
- Experience with chromatography techniques, such as affinity, ion exchange and size exclusion chromatography
- Experience working in industry supporting drug discovery programmes (desirable)