CK Group are recruiting for a Shift Quality Control Analyst to join a flavours and fragrances manufacturing company in the chemical industry at their site based in Hartlepool on a full-time permanent basis.
Our client is a company specialising in chemical flavours and fragrances that are used across a variety of foods, drinks, pharmaceuticals and other household consumer goods. They develop and produce a broad range of ingredients used by both large multi-national companies and smaller start-up businesses. The company have locations globally, however the current position is based out of their Hartlepool site.
£26,000 per annum + shift allowance (depending on experience)
This QC Analyst role is located in Hartlepool. The location is easily commutable from Middlesbrough, Stockton-on-Tees and Sedgefield, amongst others. A driving license and access to your own car would be desirable due to the shifts worked.
QC Analyst Role:
As a QC Analyst, you would be responsible for ensuring accurate and safe analysis of relevant samples according to prescribed test methods. You would also communicate results of analysis in a clear and concise manner to relevant personnel.
Your main duties will be:
• To have read and understood the company food safety procedures and ensure they comply with the objectives of the policy.
• Analysis of raw materials, traded products, manufactured products, in-process samples and recheck samples, and recording of tests results on appropriate databases
• Calibrate and standardise all equipment and chemicals in line with Quality Systems
• Environmental analysis of gaseous and liquid emissions
• Advise plant personnel of product non-conformance and corrective / preventative actions
• Maintain and improve housekeeping standards within the lab
• Undergo training as required
• Filing of both in-process and finished product paperwork as per company procedures
• Work flexibly within the above guidelines and carry out any other duties as may be required.
The ideal candidate for this role will have:
• HNC or equivalent in Chemistry as minimum or relevant experience
• Laboratory based analytical experience. Experience of GLC, GCMS, titrations and other wet chemistry analysis is essential.
• Good laboratory practice (GLP).
• Good working knowledge and experience of laboratory
• Proven ability to build good working relationships both internally and externally
• Capable of working under own initiative and as part of a team.
• Good communicator who is self-motivated, dedicated and well organized.
• Someone who strives for continuous improvement.
The company is offering a 5% pension, increasing to 7.5% after 2 years’ service, as well as 4 x death in service.
It is essential that applicants hold entitlement to work in the UK.
Job reference number: 53738