We have an exciting opportunity to join the Royal Society of Chemistry’s Publishing team in Japan. As an Assistant Editorial Development Manager, you will be a key representative for publishing activities in Japan and South Korea supporting our strategic objectives and developments.
This role demands a proactive professional with excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Your objectives will be to increase awareness of the RSC publishing programme by building relationships with scientists, academic institutions and scientific societies to develop the best authorship and readership for RSC publications and to become a trusted advisor to the community.
Essential skills and qualifications
- MS. in a scientific field, Ph.D. preferred
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to work as part of a global team
- Good organisational and time-management skills are required together with the ability to work under pressure autonomously and to meet deadlines
- Willingness to travel nationally and internationally
- Up-to-date knowledge of and passion for the chemical sciences and publishing
- Contacts with the relevant communities
- Fluent in Japanese and English
Desirable skills and qualifications
- Experience in, or knowledge of, Scientific, Technical & Medical publishing
- Understanding of the Japanese education system and Japanese chemistry society landscape
- Knowledge of Korean
As a not-for-profit publisher, we reinvest surplus funds back into the global scientific community, supporting our mission to advance excellence in the chemical sciences.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply before the closing date.
Download the full job description here.