We are recruiting on behalf of an industry leading polymer manufacturer for an R&D Chemist to join their site based in Lancashire. As an R&D Chemist you will be responsible for batch manufacturing of polymers and lab scale development projects relating to new products. You will be also be responsible for the testing and evaluation of raw materials and final product.
To be considered for this R&D Chemist, you will be degree educated in Chemistry or a closely related subject. We are open to recent graduates, those with 4th year masters projects or industrial placements years relevant to the role would be preferred. Someone with a background in water-based coatings, polymers, polyurethanes, or resins would be highly desirable. Key Responsibilities
Knowledge and Experience
- Conduct lab scale development of new polymer and chemical products.
- Undertake various experimental work on a day-to-day basis.
- Involved in various aspects of project development.
- Testing and evaluation of raw materials and finished product.
- Support and train new staff when required.
- Minimum BSc in Chemistry or closely related subject
- Previous industrial experience within synthetic polymers would be highly advantageous.
- Previous working knowledge of polymers is desirable, especially water-based coatings, polymers, polyurethanes or resins would be highly desirable.