Here is an opportunity for an experienced synthetic or process chemist to move into a fully office-based role, utilising your experience to promote specialist synthetic services both internally and externally, as the Radiolabelling Chemistry Project Manager
. The Radiolabelling Chemistry Project Manager role is home-based and ideal for someone currently managing their workload in allied areas; developing routes to value-add small molecules or APIs, or similar CRO/CDMO scientific competencies. The successful appointment will likely be an experienced chemist hoping to develop their project management and maybe business development skills.
Your day to day duties as a Radiolabelling Chemistry Project Manager
- Engaging internal and external stakeholders in the radiolabelling subject matter and lab-based competencies
- Network widely to further the department's competitive advantage
- Promote the science being developed in your labs and link it to allied efforts in the wider CRO business across UK sites
- Compiling quotes and data per requests for information from interested parties
You will be an ideal candidate with this background:
- A degree in a relevant organic chemistry field
- 5+ years track record in using synthetic chemistry in the laboratory or on plant
- A good team-working approach
- The desire to develop soft skills to complement an existing scientific expertise
This client is already interviewing for the role so I would like you to apply immediately with a CV (Word document format, 2 pages maximum) so as to not miss out on the opportunity.
Note my client is unable to sponsor visas for those without eligibility to work in the UK. When choosing your scientific recruitment specialist, why should it be Dr Paul Mears, Head of Chemical recruitment, at Science Solutions?
The team I manage here focus solely on matching scientists to positions in the UK speciality chemical industry, and related areas such as drug discovery and agrochemicals, which is where my own experience and network position me best for clients and job seekers alike. Supplemented by a background working in the speciality chemicals and fragrance and flavours sectors, I completed academic studies with a PhD in organic chemistry at the University of Manchester, which came after graduating with a BSc at the University of Leeds' famous Colour & Polymer Chemistry department. Following a short post-doctoral research post I built up nearly seven years' experience in recruiting scientists into new jobs. Full references and testimonials of successful assignments such as Technical Directors, Heads of Operations and quick turnarounds for urgent laboratory needs can be found on my LinkedIn profile - search Paul Mears.