Are you a PhD or MSc qualified biologist looking for your next move within discovery sciences?
We are currently looking for a Senior Biologist to join a global life sciences company based in Northern Ireland.
As the Senior Biologist you will work with a team of biologists within the Discovery R&D Team to support drug discovery projects
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Senior Biologist will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. Take responsibility of delivery of key project experiments with a clear link to disease biology. You will support novel target identification and validation.
2. Assay development and disease biology modelling. Develop and validate biochemical and cellular assays for hit identification, hit profiling and lead optimisation. You will also develop and implement phenotypic assays for mechanism of action studies.
3. Work with biology related CROs and/or collaborators to deliver on key project objectives.
4. Champion and demonstrate pro-active behaviours in development of novel complex disease relevant model systems. You will work as part of multi disciplinary teams.
5. You will contribute to internal and external publications and documents including peer-reviewed papers, posters, etc.
6. Keep project stakeholders informed of recent developments. Represent the company externally at meetings and in discussion with collaborators.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Senior Biologist we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. PhD in Molecular Biology, Cell Biology (or similar), or MSc in Molecular Biology, Cell Biology (or similar) plus additional relevant experience.
2. Expertise in disease biology - could include oncology, immuno-oncology, metabolic disease etc. Any additional experience in drug discovery or development within a pharma or biotech company would be advantageous.
3. Laboratory experience with some or all of the following: cell based assays, solid tumour models, proliferation assays, apoptosis assays, cell cycle profiling, western blot analysis, FACS- based assays.
Key Words: Drug Discovery | Molecular Biology | Cell Biology | Oncology | Immuno-oncology
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for talent development. We therefore welcome applications for any interested parties who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment professionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.