We are currently looking for a Training Manager to join a growing life sciences company based in the Hertfordshire area. As the Training Manager you will take a key role in defining and leading the delivery of the training programmes across the organisation. This is a newly created role and encompasses compliance and technical training which includes analysis of current state, proposing and supporting cross-functional business transformation programmes and activities aimed at improving our training programme and staff capability / competence.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Training Manager will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. Reporting to the Head of PMO & Training, you will be tasked with leading the implementation of cross functional and sustainable training programmes as well as solutions aimed at improving staff competency and overall compliance metrics. This will be in line with business objectives and regulatory commitments.
2. Day to day management of a team of training leads and specialists. Also, in conjunction with the Head of PMO & Training, Learning & Development Lead, and the ELT, you will support the development, establishment & delivery of the annual site training plan.
3. You shall plan, direct, and coordinate programs to enhance the technical knowledge and skills of employees. Focus will be on improving and accelerating technical training and capability of employees within the Manufacturing, Quality, Engineering and EH&S areas, prior to moving to other business areas.
4. Establish and lead cross functional training programmes with the aim of improving quality (right-first-time), reducing effort, and reducing resources. You will also establish standardisation with excellent training programmes and processes. Lead by example with efficient and effective process implementation for the day-to-day management of improved training programmes.
5. Work in collaboration with key stakeholder and the Learning & Development Lead to implement effective strategies and processes to improve capabilities, reduce costs and/or increase revenue. Ensuring the processes are consistently understood across the organisation, aligning costs, creating a culture of excellence and continuous improvement.
7. The Training Manager must be able to quickly understand site systems and processes to identify and propose opportunities for improvement. They should be a self-starter with an action-oriented and collaborative mindset with a demonstrated track record of forming productive, trust-based relationships and change management with colleagues at all levels.
8. Define technical ladders and career development pathways, communicate and manage these with the Operations business partners.
9. Identify opportunities to eliminate complexity from internal processes with a view to optimise operational performance. To implement processes that are internally efficient, locally responsive, and globally adaptable.
10. Define and create frameworks that, when applied, help to focus thought and action in a more systematic and structured way to lead to increased performance and capability.
11. Develop and appropriately communicate to all levels of the BPL organisation, metrics to monitor organisational effectiveness regarding training compliance, technical skills and capabilities.
12. Flexibility in style and technique tailored to the audience. Support the improvement and effectiveness of site Learning Management Systems. Mentor and develop junior members of the organisation.
13. Enhance culture of continuous improvement and process management skills throughout the organisation. (once the basics are sorted, identify enhancements / continued improvement across all areas of the business / leading by example and collaborating to encourage creative thinking and challenging the status quo / changing the mindset)
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Training Manager we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Educated to degree level in a relevant field. You will also have a formal qualification or training in a training related subject.
2. You will have experience leading or facilitating the delivery of technical and compliance training in a GMP pharmaceutical or biopharmaceutical environment. Knowledge and experience of operating within the requirements of a Quality Management System (QMS). Good knowledge and experience working with learning management systems (LMS) and electronic document management systems (eDMS).
3. Ability to effectively manage a team of training leads, specialists and coordinators to deliver the organisation's training goals. Ability to support projects of varying complexity across multiple departments and disciplines within an environment of rapid change. Ability to design, develop & deliver training content.
Key Words: Training Manager | Training Coordination | Pharmaceutical | Biopharmaceutical | GMP | Compliance
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for talent development. We therefore welcome applications for any interested parties who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment professionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.