This Head of Laboratories
role is within an established high-end GLP-accredited laboratory providing analytical studies in the area of trace chemical identification and metabolite quantification. Due to an exciting period of growth they are hiring a brand new position which will oversee the full laboratory facility to ensure the lab teams can run to their full capacity! Any background of management within GxP labs will be attractive to hear from; this role will have line management duties and will also work with 3rd party service providers. There can be a hybrid aspect to the role but you would be required on-site 3 days per week.
Your day to day duties as the Head of Laboratories
- Delegation and work planning for a small team of lab support operatives
- Ensuring adherence of lab-based work to new and existing regulations within relevant frameworks
- Management of appropriate licences with relevant authorities
- Liaison with appropriate external contacts to support IT, procurement and compliance
- Working within the senior management team to improve operations
You will be an ideal candidate with this background:
- A 2.i degree, or higher, in a related scientific field
- A track record of 5 or more years in a relevant GxP-compliant sector
- The ability to appreciate the commercial factors of the business
- Certification in HSE areas from scientific facilities, i.e. NEBOSH, radiochemical handling, etc
I would like you to apply immediately with a CV (Word document format, 2 pages maximum) so as to not miss out on the opportunity. Interviews will follow in the coming 2-3 weeks.
Note my client is unable to sponsor visas for those without eligibility to work in the UK. Why should your scientific specialist recruiter be Dr Paul Mears, Head of Chemical recruitment, at Science Solutions?
The team I manage here focus solely on matching scientists to positions in the UK speciality chemical industry, and related areas such as drug discovery and agrochemicals, which is where my own experience and network position me best for clients and job seekers alike. Supplemented by a background working in the speciality chemicals and fragrance and flavours sectors, I completed academic studies with a PhD in organic chemistry at the University of Manchester, which came after graduating with a BSc at the University of Leeds' famous Colour & Polymer Chemistry department. Following a short post-doctoral research post I built up nearly seven years' experience in recruiting scientists into new jobs. Full references and testimonials of successful assignments such as Technical Directors, Heads of Operations and quick turnarounds for urgent laboratory needs can be found on my LinkedIn profile - search Paul Mears.