HRS are working in partnership with a global healthcare organisation who will be opening a new centre for genetic research, near to Oxford. The facility will be a huge investment & will utilise computational biology, state-of-the-art discovery screening technologies, genetics and human-centric cell systems to identify novel drug targets, and begin their journey towards improving patient outcomes the world over.
As part of this exciting development, we are looking to hire a Director to lead a department for Biomarker identification.
As Director for the target identification department you will drive genetic led Biomarker identification across therapeutic areas, setting a strategic direction and managing a growing team.
Key duties and Responsibilities:
This position will join the senior leadership team of a growing research site and take direct responsibility for leading the department for genetic led Biomarker identification. Key duties will include:
1. Managing the ongoing work within the genetic led Identification team, ensuring a growth in delivery of genetic support within the field of Biomarkers.
2. Design and implement a genetic core strategy for the department & wider business.
3. Act as a member of the senior site management team, providing direction and ensuring high levels of collaboration with local & international teams.
4. Represent the Business in scientific collaborations with external research groups.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Director for Biomarker Identification we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. A higher academic background in a field relevant to genetic Biomarker identification and an excellent knowledge of human genetics applied in the cardiometabolic disease or rare disease space.
2. Practical experience & proven record of using human genetics to identify Biomarkers.
3. Proven leadership experience - this positions will directly manage an international team