An exciting new role has arisen for a Senior Technologist (Thin Films) for a global leading materials manufacturer based near Ormskirk, to work within the thin film technology team. As a Senior Technologist (Thin Films) you will be responsible for developing new coated materials and improving existing manufacturing processes. You will investigated new coatings technologies, working on various short-term and long-term development research projects.
To be considered for this Senior Technologist (Thin Films), you will be degree educated in Materials Science or Chemistry, along with significant previous experience within in either thin film coatings technology or coating deposition onto materials. You will also have previous experience working within R&D bringing new coated products or materials to market. Key Responsibilities
Knowledge and Experience
- Execute various short-term and long-term research projects around thin film coating technology.
- Investigate new coatings via sputter coating.
- Responsible for the deposition and screening of new potential coatings within the laboratory.
- Perform surface and materials characterisation.
- Transfer new product developments to production and assist with the scale-up.
- Degree educated in Materials Science or Chemistry industrial experience in Materials Science.
- Previous industrial experience within thin film coating technology would be highly desirable.
- Strong knowledge of coatings deposition onto surfaces and materials.
- Materials and surface characterisation.
- Willingness to travel abroad when required to provide technical support and business development activities.