Innospec is a global speciality chemicals company focused on bringing innovative new technologies to market combined with a fast and responsive service. We serve a range of industries across the world, bringing our products to customers in markets from oilfields, fuels, refineries and power stations to personal care and performance chemicals.
Our global team of approximately 2,000 employees spans 24 countries, applying their extensive experience and market understanding to customers’ local needs. Integrating our global footprint with local service capability enables us to supply quality products that meet and anticipate changing market dynamics
A vacancy has arisen for a Process Engineer within the Innospec's Corporate Engineering Department based at Ellesmere Port.
- Development and initial scoping including design of new “fit for purpose” manufacturing plants, including initial definition of requirement, PFD development and “high level” capital proposals
- Delivering plant modifications and capital expansion projects as required in conjunction with the local site engineering teams.
- Continuously improving the design and build of new plants and plant extensions in terms of value for money and cost control, complete on time, being fit for purpose, reliability, safety and operability.
- Identifying and delivering process improvement opportunities through plant and process modifications on an on-going and continuous basis.
- Calculate energy and CO2 emissions for each product made by Innospec
- Work with Manufacturing and Technical functions to minimise energy usage
- Engaging with external technology providers / universities on decarbonisation technologies
- The main corporate engineering representative for Innospec’s energy group meetings including highlighting best practices and sharing learnings.
- Working with corporate technology to aid in the development and delivery of Innospec’s decarbonisation strategy
Candidates will possess the following qualifications and skills:
- Chemical Engineering degree and Chartered Engineer Status (Or working towards)
- 3+ Years’ experience in an energy/ engineering-based role within the fine chemicals environment, comfortable with handling detail
- Experience of plant / manufacturing equipment inc design.
- Practical, Efficient, can do approach coupled with strong technical knowledge
- Experience with engaging with external companies; representing Innospec Hands on approach – capable of delivering work themselves as well as through others
- Understanding energy saving and decarbonisation technologies and their uses / limitations.
As an organisation, we are committed to ensuring that Innospec is a great company to work for and invest significantly in the development of our employees to meet this ambition. We offer excellent benefit package which includes:
- 25 days holidays + bank holidays (increases to 28 days after 5 years)
- 5% pension contribution (Increasing to 15% following successful probation)
- Sharesave scheme
- Private health care (AXA)
- Performance bonuses Death in service (6x salary)
- Monday – Friday 37.5 hours per week, 7.5 hours per day, core hours 10am – 3pm