We are currently looking for a Bioinformatics Scientist to join a leading drug discovery solutions company based in the Macclesfield area. As the Bioinformatics Scientist you will be part of the bioinformatics division, which operates right at the front of the company's drug discovery team. You will be responsible for successful outcomes of drug discovery projects.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Bioinformatics Scientist will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. You will play a pivotal role in novel molecular target identification using your knowledge of datasets and target validation activities.
2. You will work efficiently and effectively alongside the Biologist team to support all drug discovery and protein therapeutics discovery programs.
3. You will use your understanding of bioinformatics applications and pipelines to allow for the sharing of data and visualisations between the wider team.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Bioinformatics Scientist we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. MSc or above in bioinformatics, computational biology or a related discipline.
2. A working knowledge and practical experience with R or Python, NGS or Microarray datasets and Linux operating systems.
Key Words: bioinformatics, MSc, drug discovery, NGS, R, python, Linux
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for talent development. We therefore welcome applications for any interested parties who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment professionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.