You will be responsible for managing the whole books production process (print and electronic), from receipt of manuscripts through to warehouse delivery and online publication.
What you will be doing:
The role will involve managing relationships with third-party suppliers (copyeditors, typesetters, indexers and printers) and line-management of the Production Controller. You will monitor the production budget and ensure production schedules are in place for each book. Working closely with editorial, production services and sales you will manage a high throughput of production work, ensuring titles are efficiently and swiftly published to a high quality. You will have the opportunity to lead the development and improvement of our processes, and are expected to keep up to date with innovations in publishing.
We are looking for:
- Experience within production roles in academic publishing
- Experience of managing third party suppliers (or similar relevant experience)
- Experience of proactively identifying and implementing operational improvements
- Excellent organisational and time management skills together with the ability to work under pressure, prioritise and meet deadlines
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to communicate complex technical matters to non-experts
The RSC supports development and offers excellent benefits.
The contractual base for this role is our Cambridge or London office, however we are currently embracing hybrid working, and therefore you will have the opportunity to work from a location other than this within the UK, as agreed with your line manager. Applicants should be aware that there is an expectation that employees will attend the offices as needed for their role.
Visit our Work For Us website to learn more about us, our Equal Opportunities Statement and Inclusive Culture Pledge.
If you are interested, please apply before the end of our closing date.
Download the full job description here.