An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Process Specialist for an industry leading materials manufacturer to join their state-of-the-art facilities in Cambridge. As a Process Specialist you will be responsible for the introduction of new products to production influencing process design, optimisation and development, as well as identifying and implementing process improvements on current products. You will also be responsible for liaising with suppliers and customers both internally and externally to identify process and manufacturing requirements.
To be considered for this Process Specialist, you will be degree educated in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or Process Engineering along with previous industrial experience spent within the Chemicals, Materials or Polymers industry. Ideally this would include previous process engineering working, using FMEA's and HAZOP's and proven experience in problem solving within a manufacturing environment.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a world-class manufacturing team, offering excellent career prospects, salary and company benefits. Key Responsibilities
Knowledge and Experience
- Implement process improvements to improve quality and reduce manufacturing costs.
- Introduce new products onto manufacturing, involving process design and process optimisation.
- Carry out process risk and hazard assessments using tools such as FMEA and HAZOP.
- Liaise externally to understand customer requirements and solve any process/production issues.
- Prepare plant operating instructions.
- Support a wide range of manufacturing technologies with an expert understanding of processes and equipment.
- Degree qualified in Chemistry, Chemical Engineer, Process Engineering.
- Previous industrial experience in a similar role within the materials, chemicals or polymers sector.
- Someone with previous experience in hazard assessments and process risk; HAZOP, FMEA
- Previous experience in continuous improvement tools such as Six Sigma and data analysis tools would be highly desirable.