CK Group are recruiting for an Organic Analyst to join an environmental testing company at their site based in Consett on a full time, permanent basis.
The company offers a broad range of accredited analytical testing to support a wide range of testing requirements for a range of industries, including water treatment, medical device manufacturers, industrial water companies, environmental consultants and more. You will ensure that the work load is organised and up to date, and will operate instrumentation to produce accurate results. Please note that occasional weekend work will be required, for which overtime is paid.
This role is based at the company's site in Consett, commutable by road from surrounding areas including Stanley, Durham, Gateshead and more.
Your main duties will be:
• Analysis and preparation of laboratory samples and reagents in accordance with laboratory test procedures
• The calculation and interpretation of analytical results
• Data entry into LIMS
• Calibration, equipment and balance checks
• Part of the weekend rota team
The ideal candidate for this role will have the following skills and experience:
• HNC minimum; degree in a science related subject preferred
• Proven industry-based operational experience of laboratory work in a similar field
• Experience of operating GC-MS, GC-FID, HPLC or LCMS - essential
Entitlement to work in the UK is essential. For more information or to apply for this Analytical Chemist position, please contact Victoria Walker on 01246 457702 or email@example.com. Please quote reference 53561.