CK Group are recruiting for a Chemist to join an analytical laboratory in Sunderland on a permanent basis.
Our client is a business organisation dedicated to the assessment, treatment and final disposal of waste, as well as providing consultancy, industrial clean-up, fuel storage services and chemical services. Committed to delivering high standards of health and safety, environmental protection and customer satisfaction, they also strive towards profitable business growth.
This role is located in Sunderland and the site is easily commutable from the A1(M) and surrounding towns/cities in the North East.
As a Chemist, your responsibilities involve:
- Carrying out analysis on chemicals using a variety of analytical methods including GC, Karl Fischer and traditional wet chemistry methods
- General maintenance of the laboratory and associated equipment
- Liaising closely with Laboratory Manager and plant to establish the production requirements for testing, standard preparation, calibrations and maintenance.
As a Chemist, you will have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- Qualification in chemistry or associated subject.
- Experience working in an analytical laboratory, preferred experience of GC
- Experience working within a quality assurance background is beneficial
- Able to drive and have access to a car to access the lab.
Entitlement to work in the UK is essential. For more information or to apply for this position, please contact Sajra Hameed on 01246457712 or email firstname.lastname@example.org Please quote reference 53556