Can be located in at any work site in the UK
We are working with a global instrumentation developer which has been established for close to 150 years. Headquartered in Japan with sites across the world the hold a leadership role in their market, with a strategy grounded in innovation and excellence. In addition to the multiple locations across the globe they also field a team of academics at Universities worldwide.
They are recruiting for a Technical Specialist within their Liquid Chromatography team.
What you’ll do:
The Technical Specialist will directly support customers with industry specific applications As the LC Technical Specialist you will directly support customers with industry specific
applications and be responsible for driving the continued growth, ensuring customer success with Liquid Chromatography, Supercritical Fluid Chromatography (SFC) and Liquid Chromatography Mass Spectrometry (LCMS) products.
This will be achieved by gaining a deep insight into LC business requirements for different market sectors; establishing customer needs and potential challenges in order to build fit-for-purpose solutions and support customers across the country.
The Technical Specialist will work closely with the sales team by providing excellent technical knowledge and problem-solving skills.
A successful candidate for this Technical Specialist role has a customer-centric mindset, a strong knowledge of chromatographic techniques and an ability to resolve technical challenges using modern analytical technology.
They will be part of a fast-moving technical team exposed to new technologies and pushed to resolve unique challenges with creativity.
The Technical Specialist will meet all company expectations to support excellence in science as well as providing a constructive, collaborative interface between field sales, technical colleagues, our customers, and office colleagues.
• Strong preference for candidates qualified to MSc or PhD level with a significant
• emphasis on chromatography.
• Significant experience in chromatography may be accepted as an alternative to
• MSc or PhD.
• Demonstrable deep understanding of the theory and practise of HPLC and UHPLC.
• Demonstrable understanding of Mass Spectrometry.
• Commercial or sales experience working and supporting customers desirable.
• Sound understanding of software systems.
• Sound understanding of validation procedures.
• Good awareness of competitor’s hardware and software.
• Excellent communication and presentations skills.
• Willingness to travel to support scientists on-location and spend time away from home as necessary.
On this occasion, LiCa Scientific is acting as an employment agency.