CK Group are recruiting for a Research Scientist to join a global pharmaceutical company, based in Slough on a contract basis initially for 12 months.
Hourly up to £20.28 dependant on experience.
Our client is a is a global biopharmaceutical company focused on creating value for people living with severe diseases in immunology and neurology now and into the future.
Slough. This is one of three global discovery research centres that include a state-of-the art pre-manufacturing tech-ops scale up facility and R & D.
As a PAYE employee you will benefit from:
• Weekly/monthly payroll options
• Timesheet system
• Bike schemes
Research Scientist Role:
• Develop and perform biochemical protein binding assays using techniques such as FRET and FP.
• Perform cell-based binding or functional assays using techniques such as gene reporter assays, ELISA, HTRF, etc.
• Use these biochemical and cell-based assays to screen small molecules, biologics and/or new therapeutic modalities.
• Use liquid handling robotics and screening equipment (e.g. microplate readers, flow cytometers, high content
• Evaluate new technologies that will enhance our biological understanding.
• PhD in pharmacology, biochemistry or related field / BSc/MSc plus substantial post-graduate or industrial experience.
• Knowledge and practical experience of protein binding assays (FRET, FP), cell-based binding assays, cell-based
• Experience developing and validating biochemical or cell-based assays.
• Knowledge of and experience using appropriate statistical methods and data processing software.
• Trained in good sterile technique and practiced in tissue culture.
It is essential that applicants hold entitlement to work in the UK. Please quote reference 53265.