CK Group are recruiting for a Shift QC Chemist to join a manufacturing company at their site based in Stoke on Trent on a permanent basis. The role offers a salary of £28,000. This is a shift role where you will be working morning, afternoon and night shifts.
Our client is the largest independent lubricant manufacturer and a world leader of high value specialist lubricants to a diverse customer base, including process manufacturing industries, aerospace, automotive, food, paper, energy and steel, pharmaceutical, wire rope, mining, commercial aftermarket, motorcycle and power sports.
Shift QC Chemist role:
Reporting to the Quality Control Manager, the person shall be an integral part of the laboratory team working primarily on the quality control analysis.
On a day-to-day basis the role is to follow company processes and the administration of these, and the analysis of samples including raw materials, process samples, filling samples and ad hoc samples to support the business and other laboratory colleagues. The sample types are diverse and include base oils, additive packages, industrial process oils, automotive lubricants, soluble metal working fluids, neat metal working fluids and fire resistant fluids. Process administration includes using a LIMS database, a process control system and standard office tools such as Excel and Outlook.
The position will work with other departments and external stakeholders:
• Production teams
• Delivery & collection drivers
• R&D and customer services labs
• Chemical and physical analysis of samples according to ASTM, IP, ISO or internal Fuchs methods.
• The recording / reporting of results and sample approval based on defined specification limits.
• Supporting the goods receipt process and quality controls in place.
• Problem solving and finding solutions to routine operational issues.
• Contributing to the Continual Improvement program and leading initiatives.
• Prioritising work load and supporting the shift team leader.
• Participating in departmental meetings.
• Supporting the calibration and planned maintenance programs.
• Supporting the company waste reduction program.
Skills and Qualifications Required:
• HNC in Chemistry or a science/technical discipline
• Preferred BSc
• Excellent time management
• Ability to prioritise workload
• Reporting and interpretation of results
• Eagerness to learn
Preferred Candidate Experience:
• Previous experience within a laboratory environment
• Exposure to shift working
• Fast paced work environment
• Experience of working in a team
37.5 hours per week. 3 shift pattern (06:00-14:00, 14:00-22:00, 22:00-06:00) with rostered overtime weekend (typically 1 in 5 weekends).
• £28k per annum
• 24 days holiday per annum, plus Bank Holidays (pro rata for weekend shift)
• Company pension
• Company Value Added incentive scheme
It is essential that applicants hold entitlement to work in the UK. Please quote job reference 53520 in all correspondence.