HRS are recruiting for a head of Bioinformatics to join an innovative Biotech company based in the Cambridge area. Having grown rapidly and with two oncological products progressing into clinical trials, this position will be key to maintaining the companies competitiveness, Leading a well-established team working across a variety of human diseases to establish novel programs to deliver therapeutics and biomarkers
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Bioinformatician to play a key role in a cutting-edge biotech company and contribute to the development of a new class of medicines.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
As the Head of Bioinformatics, you will be an excellent people manager who will lead and develop the Bioinformatics team, maintaining strategic focus and maximise the company's external reputation for bioinformatics excellence. Key duties will include:
1. Lead the Bioinformatics team - provide strategic discipline leadership across the company, maintain/project the company's competitive position in microbiome bioinformatics, and lead the analysis of key microbiome datasets.
2. Develop a microbiome Profiling/taxonomic classification platform and downstream analytical/machine learning capabilities, while also expanding areas such as functional analytics.
3. Lead the identification of microbial signatures from large clinical datasets across a variety of human diseases to establish novel programs to deliver live bacterial therapeutics and biomarkers.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Head of Bioinformatics we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Proven expertise in the field of Bioinformatics working with large genomic datasets and developing pipelines.
2. Strong Biostatistical experience including coding & Biomarker discovery.
3. Proven leadership skills with the ability to maintain excellence and deliver of team objectives.
Key Words: Bioinformatics, Bioinformatician, Biostatistics, Microbiome, Genomics
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for talent development. We therefore welcome applications for any interested parties who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment professionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.