We are currently looking for a Technical Specialist - Downstream to join a leading Biopharmaceutial company based in the Hertfordshire area. As the Technical Specialist - Downstream you will be responsible for providing expertise on the process improvement and batch throughput to reduce process validation and assure or improve product quality.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Technical Specialist - Downstream will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. As the Technology Technical Specialist - Downstream, you will be responsible for assisting with the development, commissioning and introduction of new processes and products from R&D into manufacturing areas.
2. You will be responsible for writing or updating controlled documents including SOPs and Process Instructions, as well as participating in or leading quality risk assessments as appropriate to prepare for any change proposals to manufacturing processes.
3. You will be involved in the introduction of new equipment, processes and products into production areas.
4. Your role as the Technical Specialist - Downstream will include being the technical subject matter expert (SME) for processes/projects.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Technical Specialist - Downstream we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree in a relevant life science's discipline such as Biotechnology, Bioengineering, Biochemical Engineering, Bioprocessing etc.
2. Proven industry experience working within a GMP environment, as well as experience with continuous or process improvement methodology.
3. A working knowledge and practical experience with protein purification techniques such as chromatography, using AKTA systems and purification.
Key Words: AKTA / Chromatography / Protein Purification / Technology Technical Specialist / DSP / Hertfordshire / Continuous Improvement Methodology / Process Improvement / Operational Excellence / Tech Transfer / Improve Processes / Bioengineering / Biochemical Engineer / Biotechnology