CK Group are currently recruiting for a Material Specialist and Analytical Lead to join a specialist Medical Device organisation at their site in Saffron Walden on a full time, permanent basis. This role offers a salary of £35,000- 40,000 DOE.
An opportunity has opened for an enthusiastic Material Specialist & Analytical Lead to join the technical team to support its products and continued development of novel polymers. The main focus of the work will be the analysis of polymer materials used in the manufacture of contact and intraocular lenses.
Based in Saffron Walden, the role will be responsible for the maintenance of the technical files and characterisation of polymer materials, using a variety of analytical techniques. Information in the technical files is used by the companies clients to support their regulatory applications. Therefore, work must be accurately documented and test procedures should meet the latest requirements of applicable industry standards. It will be necessary to collaborate with Production, Sales and Quality Departments to support requests. It will also be necessary to supervise an analyst in the test methods and daily collection of data.
In order to be considered for this role, you will be required to have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
• Minimum of a 2.1 degree in chemistry or relevant subject.
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience working in a commercial laboratory environment.
• Experience working within a regulated environment (e.g. medical device) operating under Quality Management Systems such as ISO 9001 or ISO 13485.
• A theoretical and practical understanding of analytical techniques such as solvent extraction, mechanical testing, GC-MS, HPLC, and FTIR.
• A positive can-do attitude with the ability to work efficiently, adapt to evolving needs, and meet deadlines.
• Excellent manual dexterity, as the work often involves handling small parts
• Excellent numerical and written skills
• Microsoft software packages, particularly Word and Excel
• A good understanding of Health & Safety regulations (e.g. COSHH)
• Knowledge of polymers and characterization techniques
• Familiarity with Agilent GC-MS, GC-FID and HPLC systems
• Analytical method development
• Gauge R&R
• Polymers for use in Medical Devices
£35,000 - 40,000 per annum DOEApply:
Entitlement to work in the UK is essential. For more information or to apply for this position, please contact Natalie Wood on 01246 457723 or email email@example.com. Please quote reference 52739 in all correspondence.