We are currently looking for an experienced and ambitious Team Leader / Principal Scientist with a strong background in immunology, immuno-oncology or neuroscience to join a growing life sciences company based in Edinburgh.
As the Team Leader / Principal Scientist you will significantly contribute to the scientific direction of the company as we continue to build out laboratory operations. The role requires a strong communicator, who is an innovative and strategic thinker and who will relish combining aspects of leadership, project management, R&D and business development.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Team Leader / Principal Scientist - Histology will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. Primary point of contact for the Histology team, providing scientific oversight, delivering guidance on experimental design, through to technical delivery where required.
2. Leadership role in terms of group project planning, coordination and resource management. Scientific point of contact for ongoing client relationships. Line management of scientific staff and Teams is an essential part of the Role
3. Delegation of project tasks across the team to ensure accurate and timely delivery of client data and reports.
4. Taking an active role in nurturing new and expanding existing client relationships. Presenting the company's histology capabilities in an authoritative and engaging manner, in face-to-face meetings and by teleconferencing. Attending scientific and trade conferences to deliver oral presentations and posters and to assist in fielding enquiries to capture new commercial opportunities.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Team Leader / Principal Scientist - Histology we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Ideally a PhD in a relevant scientific discipline eg, immunology, cell biology, biochemistry, neuroscience etc, plus significant post grad / post doc experience gained working within a CRO/Pharma/Biotech setting.
2. Evidence of a strong conceptual understanding of the field. Experience working in a GCP/GLP environment is highly desirable
3. Taking a lead role in facilitating the development of new methodologies and techniques based on client demand and analysis of the competitive landscape.
Key Words: Principal Scientist | Team Leader | Immunology | Histology | Neuroscience | Immuno-oncology
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for talent development. We therefore welcome applications for any interested parties who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment professionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.