The Royal Society of Chemistry has a great opportunity for a Post & Stock Room Operative to join our Facilities team on a permanent full-time (35-hour week) basis, based at our Cambridge office.
As a Post & Stock Room Operative for the Royal Society of Chemistry, you will support our teams in ensuring that Post and Stock Room services are efficiently and effectively managed and delivered within our Cambridge office, providing post room services, reception and facilities support on daily basis.
We are looking for:
- Thorough knowledge of all Royal Mail and other mail related services, including courier services and international mail logistics.
- An understanding and working knowledge of various countries customs requirements relating to import/export.
- Use of specialist mailing equipment (i.e. franking machine) and basic Microsoft Office skills.
- Working knowledge of exhibitions despatch arrangements.
- Excellent communication, customer service skills, professional and a motivated team player.
- Knowledge of fire evacuations, emergency procedures and responding to first aid requests.
The Royal Society of Chemistry offers a competitive salary plus excellent benefits. You will work a regular rota to ensure provision of Post and Stock Room services between 08:30 – 16:30 Monday to Friday, with possible overtime and flexible working to accommodate necessary out of hours work or providing additional service to the post room.
If interested, please apply before the end of our closing date.
View and download the full job description here.