CK Group are currently recruiting for an Industrial Purchasing Manger to join a chemical manufacturing company in the oil and additives industry at their site based in Wickford Essex, on a full time, permanent basis.
Our client is a privately owned organisation who specialise in formulating, manufacturing and supplying chemicals used in the oil and gas industry.
This is an onsite position based in Wickford, Essex
Your main duties will be:
• Developing and implementing purchasing strategies
• Managing daily purchasing activities
• Managing supplier relations and negotiating contracts, prices, timelines etc
• Maintaining the supplier database, purchase records and related documentation
• Coordinating with inventory control to determine and manage inventory needs
• Ensuring that all procured items meet the required quality standards and specifications
• Preparing cost estimates and managing budgets
• Working to improve purchasing system and processes
The ideal candidate for this role will have:
• Degree in business administration or a related field
• Experience as a purchasing manager or in a similar position with a manufacturing setting
• Deep knowledge of inventory and supply chain management
• Be a member of the Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office and purchasing software
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
• Strong critical thinking and negotiating skills
• Strong planning and organisational skills
• Ability to work independently
For more information or to apply for this Industrial Purchasing Manager position, please contact Phoebe Walker on 01246 45737 or email email@example.com, quoting job ref 52596.
It is essential that applicants hold entitlement to work in the UK.