CK Group are working in partnership with a Cambridge based biotechnology company to recruit for a Senior Bio-Assay Scientist to join them at their site based in Cambridge on an initial 6 months contract.
The company is developing bio-therapeutics to meet the growing demand for the next generation of drugs that will compete with monoclonal antibodies and other antibody mimetics, primarily in oncology with their first drug recently being approved for clinical trials.
This biotech organisation is based in Cambridge, in state-of-the-art laboratories, offering an exciting and innovative environment where you will have the opportunity to develop your career.
Senior Bio-Assay Scientist role:
Your main duties will be to:
• Work to a brief; design, plan and perform complex and potentially novel immunology screening assays with minimal support and supervision
• Development/optimisation of assays, scheduling/coordination/performance of lab activities, and ensuring timelines are met
• Proactively suggest and evaluate new techniques and work closely with other team within the company to maintain consistency in the process
• Develop and train analysts to perform bioassays as well as other testing as necessary
• Provide expertise on technical direction, assessing challenge and problem solving within projects
The ideal candidate for this role will have/be:
• Relevant work experience after PhD (or equivalent experience)
• Experience of working in an industrial setting
• Experience in Immunoassay development (binding, competitive, bridging ELISA)
• Experience in Flow cytometry, cell binding proliferation assays
• Experience in development of cell-based assay with recombinant cell line, cell line and primary cells (gene reporter assays, cell killing assays, proliferation assays)
Entitlement to work in the UK is essential. For more information or to apply for this Senior Bio-Assay Scientist position, please contact Science Contracts Team on 0191 384 8906 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please quote reference 52719.