Senior Research and Development Chemist
PhD or equivalent with industrial synthetic chemistry experience
Location: Cambridge Science Park, Cambridge, United Kingdom
Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories is an integrated pharmaceutical company, committed to providing affordable and innovative medicines for healthier lives. Our purpose is to accelerate access to medicines because we believe Good Health Can’t Wait.
Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories (EU) Ltd., Cambridge, UK focuses on developing technical solutions for the production of highly complex APIs. With a history in world-leading asymmetric bio- and chemo-catalysis together with continuous processing and high quality analytical support, our teams develop cleaner, quicker and more efficient routes to these complex molecules.
We are looking for a senior synthetic chemist with proven experience in the development of routes to complex molecules, who wishes to apply their skills and knowledge in the pharmaceutical industry by joining our diverse team of scientists.
This is an exciting opportunity to be involved in the early development and optimisation of new synthetic routes for the development of green and cost-efficient processes to manufacture complex APIs and intermediates.
Role and responsibilities:
- As a senior member of the team, you will be involved in leading the development and optimisation of cost-effective, robust processes for complex synthetic targets. This will include conducting the identification and evaluation of potential routes, experimental assessment of these processes on a laboratory scale and the successful transfer to sites of manufacture when required. Ensuring projects are delivered to the agreed schedule and within the required specifications is essential.
- You will collaborate closely with Research Chemists, Analytical Scientists, Project Management, IP, Supply Chain and Regulatory colleagues to help define project milestones and deliverables, ensuring that the resulting project requirements are accomplished.
- Developing solutions to enable increased process efficiency through the identification, evaluation and implementation of new technologies will be an important part of your role
- You will be required to regularly present your work at project review meetings with colleagues in Cambridge and at other sites, as well as to compile clear and concise reports summarising your work, and technology transfer documents as dictated by project requirements. You will work closely with colleagues in other locations, and may spend time at other sites to facilitate technology transfer.
Academic background and experience:
- A Ph.D. (or equivalent) in synthetic organic chemistry or a related field. Industrial experience of process development and technology identification will be essential.
- A proven track record of development and implementation of synthetic routes to complex target molecules is required.
- Experience in the development and application of new technologies would be advantageous.
Key skills and personal attributes:
- Excellent synthetic chemistry knowledge, both theoretical and practical, are required.
- Knowledge of current industrial methods, practices and trends will be highly valued.
- Effective communication skills are required for this role working across diverse teams and geographies.
- Good documentation practices are mandatory: meticulous recording of all experimental work is required as well as drafting reports and process transfer documentation.
- Willingness to take initiative where required and work pro-actively to achieve team goals.
- Ability to prioritise and manage your workload, and as required, be able to manage shifting priorities based on critical deadlines so that project objectives are always met.
The opportunity to be part of an international team that accelerates the development of access to affordable medicines for patients worldwide. A competitive salary, with variable pay based upon performance, and excellent benefits.
True to our belief that Good Health Can’t Wait, Dr. Reddy’s invests in the growth, development and personal health of our employees. We offer a flexible working environment.
Salary: Competitive and dependent on experience
Dr Reddy’s is an Equal Opportunities employer. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive workplace for all staff. We welcome applications from all sections of the community.
This is set for Friday 18th February 2022 but we may bring this forward depending on the number of applications we receive, so please do apply as soon as you can.
Applications from agencies will only be considered by prior agreement.