Due to the success of our rapidly growing company, we are looking for a chemist to strengthen our Parallel Synthesis Lab (PSL) team.
While we rely upon some strong science, we also believe that the success of a company is built through its people. Therefore, we are looking for a motivated individual who wants to join us and help us harnessing tomorrow’s challenges of our industry, is that you?
We are a diverse and international innovative chemistry-based CRO, on a mission to accelerate discoveries.
LCC’s technologies unlock thousands of novel (chiral) building blocks allowing us to provide new products as well as novel variants of privileged scaffolds. Our customers are all around the world and our product designed to be used in various programmes, such as DNA-encoded library synthesis, fragment-based lead discovery, and PROTACs for example.
Through an ethos of purposeful curiosity, LCC’s goal is to help the development of high-quality drugs, in order to bring new drugs to market, faster, better, and easier.
The successful candidate will work within the PSL team to support two of the core pillars of LCC in the covalent fragment libraries and 3Discovery Virtual Library of lead-like compounds. They will be synthesising collections of medicinally-relevant compounds on milligram-scale in the parallel synthesis lab working closely with our purification/analytical team to ensure project completion.
The successful candidate will receive training and support from within the PSL team and from other teams/departments to solve any problems that arise during a project. Personal and professional development will be strongly encouraged while working at LCC.
- Carry out parallel organic chemistry reactions on milligram-scale in accordance with our health and safety protocols.
- Validate reaction conditions for new, robust reactions to add to the repertoire of the PSL.
- Assist the purification/analytical team in the analysis of target compounds (using LC-MS, HPLC, NMR).
- Generate reports and documentation required for project completion.
- Present your results at meetings.
- BSc/MSc in organic/medicinal chemistry.
- Familiarity with cheminformatics software (Datawarrior, Vortex, Knime) would be a bonus.
- Excellent organisational and communication skills.
- Good time management and interpersonal skills.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Soft skills: A positive attitude and the willingness to adapt/learn is always a good starting point!
- Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK.
To apply for this position, please send your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com