CK Group are recruiting for a Gas Laboratory Technician to join an international chemical manufacturing company at their site based in Stoke on Trent on a contract basis.
Our client specialises in the manufacture and distribution of gas products to the automotive, pharmaceutical, food and chemical manufacturing sectors. They are a multi-national organisation and are able to provide their people with excellent training and development opportunities.
The successful Gas Laboratory Technician will be working at our clients manufacturing site located in the Stoke on Trent area. The site is well serviced by good transportation links and is easily reached by public transport.
As a Gas Laboratory Technician, the main purpose of your role will be to carry out analysis of gas and gas mixtures, and to produce certificates and labels for finished orders, to guarantee the final quality control before shipment.
Your main duties will be:
- Routine testing via GC, MS, wet chemistry (UV-vis, dilutions, AA etc.)
- Carrying out the analysis of pure gases and gas mixtures
- Carrying out the testing of prepared cylinders to approve the required standards
- Producing all standard certificates and labels for all outgoing completed orders
To be successful in this role you will have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- Knowledge and experience of analysis methods for gases including GC, MS, wet chemistry (UV-vis, dilutions, AA etc.)
- Science or Chemistry higher education qualification
- Experience working in an industrial laboratory
Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
Entitlement to work in the UK is essential. For more information, please contact Science Contracts on 0191 3848906 or email email@example.com. Please quote reference number 52681.