CK Group are recruiting for a Biochemist to join a company in the Pharmaceutical industry at their site based in Cambridge on a contract basis for 12 months.
£160 PAYE / £175 UMB Per Day
• To be a lab-based scientist, designing, developing and validating biochemical assays for implementation in drug discovery projects, while incorporating the views of others.
• To work in partnership with colleagues in the High Throughput Screening and Mechanistic Biology & Profiling teams to ensure that assays are designed optimally and implemented effectively.
• To implement work-plans over agreed timelines such that the objectives of the project are met, including delivery of more than one agreed area of work in parallel where appropriate.
• To be an effective member of Drug Discovery Project Teams, contributing ideas and using judgment and knowledge where appropriate to influence the work of the project.
• To maintain an awareness of current developments in the literature and contribute to the continuous improvement process by identifying opportunities in the workplace where improvements can be made.
• BSc/MSc degree with some relevant experience, preferably in the pharmaceutical or biotechnology industry.
• Experience in the design, development and validation of biochemical assays for compound profiling and screening applications; together with an understanding of the application of biochemical assays in delivering mechanistic insights into compound mode of action.
• Practical understanding of biochemical assay methods and technologies (for example fluorescence, luminescence, mass spectrometry and biophysical techniques) as applied to a biological targets.
• Practical understanding of assay optimisation, including statistical tools such as factorial experimental design, to enable the generation of robust, reproducible and sensitive assays.
• Excellent problem-solving skills, good scientific judgement and communication skills.
Our client is a global pharmaceutical company with a major presence in the UK. Their purpose is to deliver life-changing medicines and to do this they are completely science-led and like to share this with the scientific, healthcare and business communities within the UK.
This Biochemist role will be based at our clients site in Cambridge.
For more information, or to apply for this Research Scientist position please contact the Key Accounts Team on 01438 870011 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please quote reference 52403.
It is essential that applicants hold entitlement to work in the UK.