We are currently looking for a Cell Line Development Lead to join a leading global Biologics company focused on the Research and Development of Biologics Manufacturing Process Development based in the Cambridge area. As the Cell Line Development Lead you will be responsible for the improvement of mammalian expression technologies with a focus on the automation of cell line generation and early upstream processing.
This opportunity would suit an experienced Cell Line Development Scientist that is keen to improve the cell line development process to ensure increased yield and purity of life saving Biological therapeutics. this would be the ideal role for someone with experience of high through-put automation or someone with a passion for these technologies.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Cell Line Development Lead will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. Develop automation technology platforms to create the next-generation of Cell Line Development technologies.
2. Identify and execute experiments to improve all aspects of recombinant protein expression, focusing on mammalian cell line construction.
3. Lead on your own projects and work closely with internal groups at a global level to support with Process Development activities. There will also be the opportunity to work on external client projects.
4. Support and mentor junior members of staff.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Cell Line Development Lead we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant PhD in Molecular Biology / Biotechnology / Bioprocessing etc. or BSc/MSc with similar industry experience of Cell Line Development.
2. Proven industry experience in of mammalian (ideally CHO) cell line development for recombinant protein expression where you have gained experience with: Generation of CHO cell lines, Stable and Transient transfection and Fed-batch, static, suspension and bioreactor cultures.
3. A working knowledge and practical experience with high-throughput, automation technologies such as, but not limited to, FACS, Beacon platform, Ambr system, would be beneficial.
Key Words: Cell Line Development | CLD | Cell Engineering | CHO | Recombinant Protein Expression | Bioreactor | Process Development | Upstream Processing | Cell Processing | Cell Culture | Mammalian | Stable Cell Lines | Tranisent Transfection | Bioprocessing | Biotechnology | FACS | Beacon | Ambr |
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for talent development. We therefore welcome applications for any interested parties who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment professionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.