Registered Nurse (Clinical Research Nurse) – Full-time for the length of the study.
CK Group are excited to announce our collaboration with EMS Healthcare in a pioneering new cancer clinical research study, looking at the early detection of more than 50 types of cancer – including many that are difficult to diagnose. This revolutionary study comprises of an innovative blood test developed by GRAIL, a US biotechnology company, and could help thousands more people get successful treatment every year.
We currently have vacancies in the following Cancer Alliance areas:
• South East London/ Kent
• East Midlands
• The North East of England
• East Anglia
The study will take place on a state-of-the-art, specifically designed mobile facility, which will be your place of work for the duration of the study. It will move around the each Cancer Alliance to allow for a geographical reach of participants, spending around four weeks at a time in each location – therefore a full UK driving license is essential.
Registered Nurse Role:
As a Registered Nurse, you will play a pivotal role in creating a positive and accessible participant experience. If you are committed to providing high-quality care and interested in a new, exciting role outside of a traditional NHS setting, this could be the post for you.
• Exciting opportunity to work on a pioneering early cancer-detection study through to completion.
• The opportunity to break into the desirable field of clinical research without previous experience.
• Appealing, consistent shift pattern that operates with 3 (12.5 hr) shifts on and 4 off – guaranteed no night shift work, no Sundays and no Bank holiday working for the contract duration.
• Competitive holiday allowance of 28+8 days.
• Contributory stakeholder pension scheme.
• Life Assurance scheme.
• Wellbeing programme available for all employees.
• Mileage compensation for any travel over 30 miles each way.
• A fully paid training period before starting your new role.
• NMC Registered Nurse, recognised in the UK.
• Experienced and skilled in the practice of venepuncture.
• Good Clinical Practice experience and up to date training.
• Experience of working in primary and/or secondary care would be highly desirable.
• Experience in the conduct of clinical trials would be advantageous but not essential.
Other Requirements & Competencies:
• Full UK residency and hold a valid driving license.
• The ability to travel within the allocated Cancer Alliance.
• Good interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a self-motivated way.
• Good team player.
• Proficient in written and spoken English.
• Have relevant IT skills to perform the role.
• Possess high standards of integrity, professionalism, and sensitivity.
•Entitlement to work in the UK is essential.
For more information or to apply for this Clinical Research Nurse position, please contact Karen Kangley on 01246 457733 or email KKangley@ckgroup.co.uk. Entitlement to work in the UK is essential for this role.