We are currently looking for a Senior Research Scientist to join a leading clinical stage Biotherapeutics company focused on microbiome research, based in the Cambridge area. As the Senior Research Scientist you will be responsible for developing molecular and microbiology assays for the characterisation of pre-clinical novel bacterial therapeutics.
This position would suit an experienced molecular microbiologist, keen to develop their career and work on life-changing, new innovative research.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Senior Research Scientist will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. As the Senior Research Scientist, you will be responsible the development and optimisation of microbiological and molecular assays.
2. You will perform an assay validation, whilst abiding by cGMP regulations for use within early stage clinical trials.
3. Your duty as the Senior Research Scientist will include supporting the tech transfer of assays to CROs and CDMOs where required.
4. You will provide suitable guidance and training to junior research staff members.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Senior Research Scientist we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant PhD degree in a life science discipline such as Microbiology, Biomedical Science or Biotechnology.
2. Proven industry or post-doctoral experience covering analytical method development and validation within drug development, such as PCR assays including qPCR.
3. A working knowledge and practical experience with the characterisation of novel bacteria's within a GLP or cGMP environment.
Key Words: Microbiology / Molecular Biology / Novel Bacteria / Cambridge / cGMP / GLP / Senior Research Scientist / Research and Development / pre-clinical / Clinical trial / Laboratory / Biotherapeutics / Therapeutics / Microbiome / PCR / qPCR
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for talent development. We therefore welcome applications for any interested parties who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment professionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.